Sunday 12 June 2011

Crocheted out!

Wednesday and Thursday this week were spent travelling between Manchester Piccadilly and Media City Salford on a tram, crocheting as part of an interactive Contact Theatre performance called the Lost and Found Festival.  While a bunch of us knitted and crocheted people sang, recited, acted or danced around us and the other passengers.  The 2 knitted and 1 crocheted artwork produced were on display at the Contact Theatre, Oxford Road, Manchester yesterday.  I don't know how long they will be on display.

Yesterday was an early start.  Alarm 06:00, bus at 07:18 to Stockport with a huge rucksack of hats to go on bollards for International Yarn Bombing Day.  I'd been asked to co-ordinate Mad Knitters' Tea Party's contribution.  77 hats this Stockport based yarn crafting group created and it took only 30 minutes to have them all installed and photographed.  After 3 hours 60 had found new homes.

After coffee in a local cafe it was off to the Hatworks Museum for 3 hours of knitting and crochet in the cafe as our contribution to Worldwide Knitting in Public Day.  Then my wife Martie and I hopped onto a 42 bus for more public knitting and crochet before the Manchester contribution to Worldwide Knitting in Public Day event, also the end of the Lost and Found Festival, 3 hours at the Contact Theatre.  Great achievement, I started and finished a curly-leaved lettuce during the day.

I'm at a loose end now, between projects  What do I do next?  Something small in thread I think, a reaction to the 18 hats which were my contribution to IYBD 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment